Chevron VARTECH® stabilizes varnish and sludge surface deposits in the oil to enable their efficient removal through a scheduled oil change, restoring system operational efficiency.Where to buy ›
Recommended for you
Delivering value for you
Stabilizes varnish and sludge surface deposits in the oil to enable their efficient removal through a scheduled oil change, restoring system operational efficiency
Being solvent free, reducing volatility and seal compatibility concerns.
Minimal filter plugging
Excellent compatibility with many compressor and turbine oil products (mineral and synthetic hydrocarbon based)
Retains oxidation control performance
Excellent seal compatibility
Extended cleaning duration times are possible
Chevron VARTECH® ISC is added directly to the inservice lubricating oil. If the current oil is severely deteriorated, it is recommended the degraded oil be drained, and the cleaner added to a new fill of recommended oil.
• Determine the amount of cleaner required and the proper duration (see chart below).
• Install a fresh set of filters to maximize varnish and deposit collection.
• Ensure additional filters are available for the system as filter changes may be required due to release of varnish and deposits.
• Ensure system does not exceed maximum fill levels when adding the system cleaner; if needed, drain adequate volume of oil to maintain proper operating volume.
• Add Chevron VARTECH® ISC to the system, up to the determined concentration (by Vol %). Ideally while oil is circulating.
• Operate the equipment as normal for the chosen duration and monitor filters for increased differential pressure; replace as required.
• Drain the oil/cleaner mixture from the system while the oil is still warm (safe handling temperatures) and recently circulated. When possible, drain as many locations in the system where oil may be trapped (i.e. filter housings, coolers, piping, degassing tanks, etc.).
• When possible, manually clean any accessible settled deposits and oil from reservoir after drain.
• System rinse* is recommended when any of the following exist:
— Complete drain is not possible (approx. < 10% remains)
— Extremely degraded in-service oil
— Severe deposits in the system
• Replace filters.
• Refill the system with Chevron lubricant per OE specifications.
Services and support
We’ve got you covered with a full line of lubricants, transmission fluids, gear oils, greases, hydraulic oils and coolants