Enter the 2020 TRC Competition
How to Enter
Transforming a pile of rusty parts into an award-winning, restored tractor is a big challenge. Fortunately, entering your restoration project into the Delo Tractor Restoration Competition is easy and fun.
• Review the materials to plan your restoration to ensure you’re keeping records properly and capturing photos and video for your entry
• Utilize report templates from the Resource Kit
• Restoration Report - The story of your unique project. Tell us how you brought the engine back to life, fixed the transmission, decided how to restore the exterior, and most importantly, what you learned along the way!
• Video - Make your tractor a star! While the workbook provides a detailed account of your project, the video (3-4 minutes) submission is your chance to give the judges a behind-the-scenes glimpse into your experience during the restoration and let them see and hear your tractor roar back to life. Click here for video tips
• High-Resolution Photos - A picture is worth a thousand words, and nothing tells a restoration story like great before and after shots! You can submit up to five images including at least one each of a before shot, after shot, and you with your tractor.
• It never hurts to complete your registration early so TRC Coordinators can be on the lookout for your entry and send any updates and reminders close to deadlines. Registration includes information on your tractor, advisor(s), each team member, and release forms for each team member.
• All entry registrations and file uploads must be received by the deadline listed in the Instruction Book.
• All entries will receive a confirmation receipt.
A panel of expert pre-judges will narrow the initial round of entries to a group of 12 finalists. Judging will be based on the quality of the restoration effort, documentation, and safety precautions. All selected finalists will be invited to the National Finals Competition, co-located with the National FFA Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana. Finalists will make an oral presentation of their project to a panel of four tractor restoration specialists who will select the winners. Tractors are not brought to the Finals.
Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony held on Thursday night during the week of the FFA Convention.
The prizes for the Delo Tractor Restoration Competition are:
• Grand Champion: $10,000
• Reserve Champion: $5,000
• Third Place: $3,000
• Fan Favorite Award:
• First Place: Holy Stone GPS FPV RC Drone HS100 for each team member up to seven
• Second Place: Bose® Soundlink® Bluetooth speaker II for each team member up to seven
• Best Photo Award: One framed print and a $100 gift card for each team member in the photo up to seven
• Best Presentation Award: $100 gift card each team member up to seven