Why would I use Hydraulic AW vs. GST in my hydraulic system?
- AW Hydraulic Oils are designed for system with pressures over 1,000 PSI.
Can I top off my hydraulic system with GST 32?
- If you have a hydraulic oil in the system, do not add GST since it is not compatible with common AW hydraulic oils.
My hydraulic oil is dark and very thick after only 5 years, is it still good?
- In hydraulic systems, hydraulic oils oxidize (causing black color) over time. Therefore, we recommend drain and refill the system every 6 months to a year.
I am looking for a non-conductive hydraulic oil for my bucket truck that works on power lines. Does Chevron make such a product?
- Rando HDZ 32 or 46 has a dielectric strength of 35 KV. Drain, flush, and refill. We do not make an EDM fluid which is a true 100% non-conductive oil.
What is the difference between, Hydraulic Oil AW, Rando HD, and Rando HDZ?
- Hydraulic oil AW is made from Group I oil, Rando HD is a straight grade and Rando HDZ is a multi-grade made from Group II oils.
Is there an antifoam agent in your hydraulic oils?
- Yes, all our hydraulic oils would have an antifoam additive.
Does Chevron have a direct replacement for Mobil DTE 10 Excel?
- No, this product is alkaline based & zinc-free. We recommend drain, flush, and refill with Clarity Synthetic Hydraulic AW.
Can I use hydraulic AW 32 in my CAT equipment?
- No, Caterpillar requires a product that contains 900 ppm zinc. We recommend Delo TorqForce SAE 10W.
My old tractor requires a 303 fluid for the hydraulics? What does Chevron recommend?
- 303 is an obsolete John Deere recommendation, 1000 THF is the best choice.
Can I top off with hydraulic AW in place of 1000 THF in my hydraulic system?
- No, these products will cause a milky appearance & compromise viscosity.
Do you have a product for Ford’s ESN M2C134?
- 1000 THF is recommended for this specification.
Do you have a product to meet John Deere J20D?
- Synthetic All Weather THF
Do you have a product to replace Kubota UDT fluid?
What viscosity grade is 1000 THF?
- 1000 THF is a multi-grade 10W30 viscosity oil.
Do you have a product that meets Volvo WB102 specification?
- No, we do not make a product that meets this requirement.
Does Chevron make a fire-resistant hydraulic fluid?
- Unfortunately, we do not carry a fire-resistant hydraulic fluid
Can I mix Clarity hydraulic oil with AW hydraulic oil?
- No, Clarity hydraulic oils are acidic, AW hydraulic oils are alkaline, so they are not compatible.
What Chevron product can I use to lubricate air tools?
My shop compressor recommends a non-detergent 30 weight. What product do you recommend in the Chevron line?
- We recommend drain, flush, and refill with Rando HD 100.
What is the difference between Cetus PAO and Cetus HiPerSYN?
- Cetus PAO is formulated with Group IV, while HiPerSYN is formulated with Group III base oil.